Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Mountains Fell Into The Sea

Losing something or someone is always hard. We all tend to handle loss in many different ways. Some of us jump right back into our daily routine hoping it will ease the pain. Others, can't seem to function on the daily task much less focus on all the many task that come with the loss. No one way is the right way, but in our minds we all question this as well as question many other things about the universe. Recently many of my friends have lost someone dear to them. It is hard for me to ever know what to say even though I myself have lost a lot in my own life. It seems to be especially hard when someone looses a child. A friend I grew up with lost his six year old son this week. I have not seen him in 22 years but it still breaks my heart that he lost his child. I know it may be extremely odd that I would be writing about the loss of a child when I have not be given the privilege of having children of my own. Someone else we know lost His son. He gave up His son actually, for us. He like any father love His son. He loves all of His children including you and I. "There is no one God does not love with all that He is. His love reaches beyond every sin and failure, hoping that at some moment every person will come to know just how loved he or she is." (He Loves Me! by Wayne Jacobsen) We tend to look at God as no longer loving us when things like the loss of a child happens or when we have a bad day or lose our house or our job. God does not love us based on our performance nor on our life circumstances. He loves us soley because He is an Awesome God. This never changes so His love never changes.

"Though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the sea, you need not fear!"
Psalm 46:2

God's peace can settle our hearts if we only hold to these truths no matter how we choose to deal with or handle our losses.

No comments: