Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sold Out


From what I have been told, this picture is not posed. The haircut was not something he was made to do. It was his choice. This little boy has been an inspiration to me from the day we met. How many kids do you know that would choose this as a haircut?

"As a deer pants for the water brooks,
So my soul pants for Thee, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God,
When shall I come and appear for God?"
Psalm 42:1-2
(NASB)

When I read this verse It always reminds me of this little boy. He has such passion and trust in God. He knows he may have been picked on by friends or even adults for having a cross haircut. But he didn't care. His mom tells us of a story where he was sitting in the backseat of the car talking to his friends and he asked if they believed in God, in Jesus. Then he very promptly began to telling them about God and how you have to make a choice to live for Him. His love for God is real!!! He is definitely a child of God and definitely an example all of us could follow. He is sold out for Christ at all cost.


No comments: