Thursday, March 12, 2009

Let Me Cry For Help


"Psalm 102"
(entire Chapter)
NASB


It's night. The sky is dark. You couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day of weather. So why was I so wired and anxious? I lay in my bed tossing and turning unable to sleep. My thoughts wouldn't stop as they bounced like ping pongs around my head. Then suddenly I took a deep breath and began to pray "Dear God, help me!" I turned on the light and began to read my "Love Dare" journal. I am the only single one in a group full of married couples. At first I was hesitant but it has truly been a blessing. God has used them so much to teach me many things about relationships, about life and the importance of His word. As I read the words began to leap out at me as if they were meant just for me. Most of my life had been centered around emotions I couldn't feel but loved to effect every moment I had relating to others. The words read " ...you should not just follow your heart. You should lead it. You don't let your feelings and emotions do the driving. You put them in the back seat and tell them where you're going." When I read Psalm 102 this morning I noticed that David cried out to God in emotion just how afflicted he was and begged God to listen.He said " Let me Cry for help" But as I continued to read I also noticed that even in all his hard, miserable times, he never forgot who God really was. Verse 26-27 states: "Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing You will change them and they will be changed. 'But You are the same, And your years will not come to an end." He knows God has always been there and always will be. He knows God never changes and is the only one He can trust to fully take care of things and that it may not be in his timing or the exact way he thinks things should go. David trust God to know what is best for him. David talks in this passage how bad things have gotten in his life. He is lacking food. People are against him to the point of cursing him and his existence on this earth. His body and his mind are starting to fail him in pain and anquish. He can't stop crying. Today's tragedies may be bringing us to this point some days but I must remember that God is still the same. He is faithful and just and a loving God who wants me to grow in Him and wants me to have the best life, life abundantly.

No comments: