Friday, February 27, 2009

Light in the Darkness




I walked into the building. I had never been there before so I was not familiar with my surroundings. Suddenly the lights went out. It was pitch black around me. I slowly began to reach forward and feel my way through the hallways not knowing what would be around the corner or in front of me. My anxiety began to raise as I felt I would never find my way back out of the building. I took one small step at a time and prayed there would be no pitfalls or traps to trip me as I walked. Suddenly I saw a small light ahead. It was the outside. My heart raced and I wanted to run but something inside of me told me this would not be a good idea. So I continued to walk and make my way toward the light. 
Alot of times in my spiritual life this is way I feel as well. I find myself in complete darkness and feeling my way through my life. God tells us repeatedly though that we do not have to be anxious or afraid because He is with us. Psalm 91 says:
"For it is He who delivers you from the snare
of the trapper, and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with His pinions,
And under His wings you may seek refuge; His
faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
You will not be afraid of the terror by night
or by the arrow that flies by day; Of 
the pestilence that stalks in darkness, or 
of the destruction that lays waste at noon."
Psalm 91:3-6
(NASB)
No matter the traps set for us by Satan or his demons, God has us covered. No matter what we run into in the darkness of this world God tells us we can come to Him and not be afraid because He is sovereign and knows what the next step will be whether we do or not. He is our light in the darkness and will guide us through this journey. 


No comments: