Thursday, October 30, 2008

Where Must the Credit Go

"We're not barging in on the rightful,
work of others, interfering with
their ministries, demanding
a place in the sun with them.
What we're hoping for is
that as your lives grow in
faith, you'll play a part within our
expanding work. And we'll all still be within
the limits God sets as we proclaim the
Message in countries beyond Corinth.
But we have no intention of moving in on what others
have done and taking credit for it. 'If you want to claim credit,
claim it for God.' What you say about
yourself means nothing in God's work. It's
what God says about you that makes the
difference."
2Corinthians 10:15-18
(The Message)

Recently I have taken some time from writing on my blog. It mainly had to do with not being able to come up with anything to write and just being blank inside. I have been doing a lot of work inside though I have not written about it. I just have felt it was between God and me.
Man looks at the outer appearance,
but God searches the heart.
1Samuel 16:7

The more I have learned over the past several weeks, the more I have begun to search my motives for doing things such as having a blog, creating my art, taking photos, etc. What I want most is my answer to be that I am glorifying God. What I notice if I am being honest with myself though is that I sometimes get consumed with my accomplishments and daily work and at times I in my flesh will become prideful. So...
"today I lay this down and give it to you Lord only
to boast in you and in seeing the gifts which you
have allowed me to have to honor you
as I am here on this earth.
Amen"






No comments: