Monday, September 29, 2008

Safest Place to Be

"In thee, O Lord, I have taken refuge;
Let me never be ashamed;
In Thy righteousness deliver me.
Incline Thine ear to me, rescue
me quickly; Be thou to me a
rock of strength,
A stronghold Thou art my rock and
my fortress; For thy names sake
Thou wilt lead me and guide me.
Thou wilt pull me out of the net
which they have secretly laid
for me; For Thou art my strength. "
Psalm 31:1-4 (NASB)

Have you ever been walking along and fell into a hole or fell over something you didn't see? Or maybe you did see it and still fell. There are a lot of times in life that people around us set little holes or traps for us like this. Sometimes they mean to and sometimes they don't, but either way they still affect our lives. If we don't pay attention and take the time to set aside to ask God to be with us throughout the day some of these traps may catch us by surprise and we may get caught in them. In this passage David speaks of being "caught in the net" and having God "pull him out of the net". He relies on God to be there and be his guide and his strength through each day. He also relies on God to show Him that he no longer has to be ashamed no that God has redeemed him from his past and created a refuge for him. I only pray that today I will deliberately solely depend on God to be my guide. I need His strength and His fortress to surround me in this harsh world. It is the safest place to be.


No comments: