Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Celebration of All Times


I grew up in a VERY large family. Some say this could be a great thing. In some ways it really is. As a kid you almost always have someone to play with and you never lack in something to do. Yesterday we celebrated my cousin's 40th birthday. Birthdays were never really a huge thing in my family. We usually celebrated all birthdays in the month on just one day with one cake and regular sunday dinner. Since having a niece and growing older myself, I have been able to experience and enjoy the celebration of a birthday as an individual person's special day. It is WONDERFUL! Birthday always seem to involve food of some
kind. Yesterday was no different. I don't think I have had that much food on a table in a long time though. The best part of birthdays I have discovered can be seeing family or friends that you haven't seen in a long time. I was blessed to spend yesterday with my brother and his wife who came in from the mountains of NC, my cousin and his family who came from Concord/Kannapolis , NC area, and an aunt I haven't seen in a long time. The party was a surprise by all means. We, the guest, were told to arrive thirty minutes before my cousin's husband would arrive with her. When she entered the room we yelled "SURPRISE!" and she was so excited she began to cry. It was a huge gathering of family and old friends she had not seen in a long time. This was just a small birthday party. Can you imagine what it is going to be like on that day when we gather with Christ and all of the Christian family to live for eternity? Yesterday was only a speck of the joy He has prepared for us. I can't wait to see Him face to face and wrap my arms around Him to live forever with Him.
"If you then, being evil, know how
to give good gifts to your
children, how much more shall
your Father who is in heaven
give what is good to those
who ask Him!"
Matthew 7:11
(NASB)

No comments: