Friday, July 24, 2009

The Beautiful Storms of life

Jesus Bring the Rain
by: Mercy Me

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
loom above because you are much greater than
my pain you who made a way for me suffering
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain



Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
is the lord God almighty
is the lord God almighty
I'm forever singing



everybody singing
Holy holy holy
you are holy
you are holy

"In the light of a king's face is life,
and his favor is like a cloud
with the spring rain.
How much better it is to
get wisdom than gold!
and to get understanding
is to be chosen above silver."
Proverbs 16:15-16
(NASB)

This past week God has truly been impressing upon me the importance of rain. I lay in my bed listening as the rain fell. The thunder was so loud and shook with immense force that shook my little house. The lightening looked as if it were dancing as it hit the sky. It cracked so forcefully that I thought it's intention was to expose all of the darkest places as it ripped open the sky. When there is weather like this my body tends to react by having a sinus infection and becoming more tense. But as I lay in bed listening to the rain I began to read how the light of my king's face can bring life which has the "favor" of a cloud with spring rain. I thought about that word favor. It is a pleasant word. It is a word that speaks of good things. I then thought of the song by Mercy Me which speaks of wanting the rain to come. It reminded me of how the struggles in life are compared to a storm bringing lots of rain. We tend to hate storms but as I look at my life the storms have been the thing that brought me closest to my King. They have made me rely most of my Heavenly Father. They have given me wisdom that is more precious than Gold and understanding that is worth much more than silver. This life can allow us to build up lots of material things but they will all soon pass away and not last. We can choose to hold onto those and try to depend on those in the hard storms of life or we can choose something which is much more precious and will never pass away. It will give us peace, strength, wisdom, and understanding. It is our Heavenly Father. So as I thought about these things in the middle of this actual storm of rain, thunder, and lightening, I wanted to praise God more for the storms of my life and the many things He has given me through each one that will never leave me. I say God let your lightening rip through me and expose me. Let your thunder upset my daily life as long as it will bring your rain which washes over me and allows me to praise you.

No comments: